asked on 17th Aug 2011 | 3 Answers | Answer It!
Presuming that you do not have a password reset disk and no other administrator account other than the one that you are using, please follow these steps to reset the Windows 7 password:
1. Turn the computer on
2. Keep tapping F8 when you see the OEM logo to get to the Advanced Boot Options.
3. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
4. Enter safe mode with an available admin account.
5. At the command prompt, type net user and press Enter. It will show you all accounts on the Windows 7.
6. Type net user abcd 1234 (replace abcd with the name of the user account that is locked and 1234 with the new password) and press Enter.
7. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
8. Type shutdown -r -t 00 and press Enter.
9. The computer will reboot automatically.
10. Now try to login to the user account using the new password.
Here’s to Good Karma
In my opinions, I think you would better to use some third-party software to reset or recover Windows 7 password. It would be the better approach.
Windows Login Recovery is a top-rated Windows password reset tool, especially designed for PC beginners or green hands. We can use it to remove PC password without the old password or lose files. Just regain access to PC with a bootable CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive:
Step 1: Windows Login Recovery installs it on an accessible PC;
Step 2: Burn its ISO image file into a bootable CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive;
Step 3: Set PC with password locked to boot from burned CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive;
Step 4: Recover Windows 7 password to a new one.
To create a password reset disk, you firstly need to log on Windows and enter User Accounts by clicking Start button, Control Panel, User and Family Safety, and User Accounts. Then you can click Create a password reset disk on the left pane. A password reset disk wizard will come up, and then you can follow it to create a windows 7 password reset disk for your system.
asked on 13th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 31st Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 13th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 18th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 23rd Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma