asked on 30th Sep 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
First let us check for Check the Windows Installer service:
1. Click "Start", input "services.msc" (without quotation marks) to Start Search bar and press "Enter".
2. Double click the “Windows Installer” service.
3. Please try to stop and start the service.
Now Clean Windows temp files:
1. Click Start, Type %temp% in Search Bar and then press Enter:
2. The Temp folder for the currently logged-on user displays.
3. In most cases, you can safely delete the contents. If you are not sure, then copy any files or folders to a different location. To delete the contents, click the Edit menu, and then click Select All.
4. Press Delete, and then click Yes if prompted to confirm.
Now you need to re-register the Windows Installer files on your computer:
1. Click on start and type cmd in the search field and now you need to Right click on Command prompt on the top of the list select the option which says run as administrator
2. At the command prompt, typemsiexec.exe /unregister, and then press ENTER.
3. Type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
4. Verify that the SYSTEM account has full control access permissions to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT hive in the Windows registry.
5. In some cases, you may also have to add Administrator accounts.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 26th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 25th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 26th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 9th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma