asked on 21st Sep 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
If you just want to format the HDD, you can use the Windows 98 CD for this. Please follow these steps:
• Insert the Windows 98 Startup disk in the floppy disk drive, and then restart your computer.
• When the Microsoft Windows 98 Startup menu is displayed, choose the Start computer without CD-ROM support option, and then press ENTER.
• At a command prompt, type fdisk, and then press ENTER.
• If the hard disk is larger than 512 MB, you receive the following prompt:
Your computer has a disk larger than 512 MB. This version of Windows includes improved support for large disks, resulting in more efficient use of disk space on large drives, and allowing disks over 2 GB to be formatted as a single drive.
IMPORTANT: If you enable large disk support and create any new drives on this disk, you will not be able to access the new drive(s) using other operating systems, including some versions of Windows 95 and Windows NT, as well as earlier versions of Windows and MS-DOS. In addition, disk utilities that were not designated explicitly for the FAT32 file system will not be able to work with this disk. If you need to access this disk with other operating systems or older disk utilities, do no enable large drive support.
Do you wish to enable large disk support (Y/N)?
If you want to use the FAT32 file system, press Y, and then press ENTER. If you want to use the FAT16 file system, press N, and then press ENTER.
• After you press ENTER, the Fdisk Options menu is displayed. Press 1 to select the Create DOS partition or Logical DOS Drive option, and then press ENTER.
• Press 1 to select the Create Primary DOS Partition option, and then press ENTER.
• After you press ENTER, you receive the following prompt:
Do you wish to use the maximum available size for primary DOS partition? Select accordingly.
• After you create the partitions, restart you computer with the Windows 98 Startup disk in the floppy disk drive.
• When the Windows 98 Startup menu is displayed, choose the Start computer without CD-ROM support option, and then press ENTER.
• When a command prompt is displayed, type format c:, and then press ENTER.
If you want to Install Windows XP, your system must meet the minimum requirement which you can check here at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314865, accordingly once the hardware meets the requirements, you can use the XP Disk to format and install Windows XP, here is more information on setup http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/help/install-reinstall-uninstall
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 26th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 11th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma