asked on 11th Sep 2011 | 4 Answers | Answer It!
You will not be able to follow these steps if you have locked your computer:
1. If you have typed the wrong password, you'll receive a message that says your user name or password is incorrect. When this message appears, click OK.
2. Click Reset password, and then follow the instructions.
Alternatively please follow the steps in the link http://www.askiyogi.com/windows/17110.html given below:
1. Turn the computer on.
2. Keep tapping F8 when you see the OEM logo to get to the Advanced Boot Options.
3. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
4. Enter safe mode with an available admin account.
5. At the command prompt, type net user and press Enter. It will show you all accounts on the Windows 7.
6. Type net user abcd 1234 (replace abcd with the name of the user account that is locked and 1234 with the new password) and press Enter.
7. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
8. Type shutdown -r -t 00 and press Enter.
9. The computer will reboot automatically.
10. Now try to login to the user account using the new password.
Here’s to Good Karma
When you forgot Windows 7 password and locked out of your PC, what should you do then? To use windows password recovery tools would be the best choice.
Windows Login Recovery is secure Windows password recovery tool designed to retrieve passwords for any versions of Windows, including Windows 7/Windows vista/XP/2000 and Windows Server 2008(R2)/2003(R2)/2000. There is no need to reinstall Windows when you lost Windows password. Moreover, your valuable data will not be lost when you reset Windows 7 password with this powerful Windows password recovery tool.
When you forget windows 7 password, please follow it:
Firstly, click on the Control Panel after you point Start box on the left of your hand; secondly, click the User Account and Family Safety link, then select the User Account, if you are using the classic Control Panel, you can double-click the User Account directly; third, click the Create a password reset disk link, when the Forgotten password wizard window appeared, you can click Next to proceed the process; fourth, choose the portable media which you want to create a password reset disk, such as a CD/DVD or USB flash drive, then click Next to continue; fifth, enter your current account password in the next box and click Next, now the password reset disk has been created on your chosen media
asked on 28th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 29th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 14th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 22nd Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma