asked on 1st Sep 2011 | 4 Answers | Answer It!
You can follow these steps to reset the Windows 7 password:
1. Turn the computer on.
2. Keep tapping F8 when you see the OEM logo to get to the Advanced Boot Options.
3. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
4. Enter safe mode with an available admin account.
5. At the command prompt, type net user and press Enter. It will show you all accounts on the Windows 7.
6. Type net user abcd 1234 (replace abcd with the name of the user account that is locked and 1234 with the new password) and press Enter.
7. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
8. Type shutdown -r -t 00 and press Enter.
9. The computer will reboot automatically.
10. Now try to login to the user account using the new password.
Here’s to Good Karma
AnyPasskey Windows Password Recovery would be your first choice! This easy-to-use yet powerful Windows password recovery program could reset any account passwords, including Windows local administrator, Domain Administrator and other user account password, etc.
The method what I saw in Windows 7 Forum is to use Anmosoft Windows Password Reset Software to reset windows 7 password conveniently, so I would like to recommend to you.
With my try, I found that this third-party software also can reset the password in another system, such like Windows server 2008 or Windows XP.
asked on 6th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma