asked on 15th Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
Please try the following steps:
Step 1: Verify the relevant Windows Update services
1. Click the "Start" Button, in “Search” bar, type: "services.msc" (without quotes) and press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
2. Double click the service "Windows Update".
3. Click on the "General" tab; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the "Start" button under "Service Status" to start the service.
4. Please repeat the above steps with the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service.
You can also temporarily stop these services, restart the computer, and then start these services again. If any service is missing or cannot be stopped or restarted, please let me know.
Step 2: Rename the Windows Update Softwaredistribution folder : This problem may occur if the Windows Update Software distribution folder has been corrupted. We can refer to the following steps to rename this folder. Please note that the folder will be re-created the next time we visit the Windows Update site.
1. Close all the open windows.
2. Click the "Start" Button, click "All programs", and click "Accessories".
3. Right-click "Command Prompt", and click "Run as administrator".
4. In "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type in "net stop WuAuServ" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
5. Click the Start Button, in the "Start Search" box, type in "%windir%" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
6. In the opened folder, look for the folder named "SoftwareDistribution".
7. Right-click on the folder, select Rename and type "SDold" (without the quotes) to rename this folder.
8. While still in the "Administrator: Command Prompt" window, type the command "net start WuAuServ" (without the quotes) in the opened window to restart the Windows Updates service.
If the above steps does not help, try to reset the Update components as mentioned in the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 16th Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 6th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 12th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 24th Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma