If you're setting up Outlook Express to work with Gmail for the first time, you'll need to:
* Sign in to Gmail.
* Click the gear icon in the upper-right and select Mail settings at the top of any Gmail page.
* Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
* Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
* Choose what to do with your messages after your POP client or device receives them.
* Configure your POP client* and click Save Changes.
Now setup your outlook express :
* Open Outlook or Outlook Express.
* Click the Tools menu, and select Accounts.
* Click Add, and then click Mail.
* Enter your name in the Display name: field, and click Next.
* Enter your full Gmail email address (email@example.com) in the Email address: field, and click Next. Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format 'username@your_domain.com.
* Enter pop.gmail.com in the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server: field. Enter smtp.gmail.com in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. Google Apps users, enter the server names provided; don't add your domain name in this step.
* Click Next.
* Enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') in the Account name: field. Enter your email password in the Password: field, and click Next.
* Click Finish.
* Highlight pop.gmail.com under Account, and click Properties.
* Click the Advanced tab.
* Fill in the following information:*
Check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL) under Outgoing Mail (SMTP).
Enter 465 in the Outgoing mail (SMTP): field.
Under Outgoing Mail (SMTP), check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
Under Incoming mail (POP3), check the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL). The port will change to 995.
* The order of Outgoing and Incoming mail server fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.
* Return to the Servers tab, and check the box next to My server requires authentication.
* Click OK.
Here’s to Good Karma