asked on 1st Sep 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
You have not mentioned which security software you are using. Please update it and run a full scan on the system. You may have to run the scan multiple times to remove the malware, especially after the below steps. To manually remove this infection, please follow these:
• 1. Boot your computer into safe mode to close all running processes.
• 2. Remember to back up your system before making any changes for future restore job when necessary.
• 3. Remove these Win32.Patched-HN files:
• %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Start Menu\Programs
• %Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Desktop\Protection Center Support.lnk
• 4. Open Registry Editor to delete the following registry entries:
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Paladin Antivirus
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malware Defense
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System 'DisableTaskMgr' = '1'
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments 'SaveZoneInformation' = '1'
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations 'LowRiskFileTypes' = '.exe'
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings 'ProxyServer' = 'http=127.0.0.1:5555'
• 5. It is possibly for Win32.Patched-HN to load by hiding within the system WIN.INI file and the strings "run=" and "load=". So you must check carefully in order to thoroughly remove it from your computer.
• 6 It is necessary for you t clean the IE temporary files where the original carrier may store.
Registry Disclaimer: This solution contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 16th Sep 2011 | 2 Answers
asked on 5th May 2012 | 1 Answer
asked on 3rd Oct 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma