asked on 18th Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
It is important to know if the copy of the Windows installed in your system is genuine, if it is pirated, you will have to uninstall it and install a genuine copy. If it is a genuine copy, please try the steps mentioned in the link http://www.askiyogi.com/windows/6798.html given below:
1) Open an Internet Browser
2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.
3) Find the file CMD.exe
4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
5) Type: net stop sppsvc (It may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
Note: the Software Protection service may not be running, this is ok.
6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
9) Type: net start sppsvc
10) Type: slui.exe
11) After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key or Activation may occur automatically.
Also please go through http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/genuine/what-to-look-for and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892130
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 10th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma