asked on 22nd Jun 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
A program or piece of code that is loaded onto your computer without your knowledge and runs against your wishes. Viruses can also replicate themselves. All computer viruses are man made. A simple virus that can make a copy of itself over and over again is relatively easy to produce. Even such a simple virus is dangerous because it will quickly use all available memory and bring the system to a halt. An even more dangerous type of virus is one capable of transmitting itself across networks and bypassing security systems. Since your as you said your system has all the protections you don’t need to worry. Just keep these software updated and a regular scan of your system is required for avoiding any infection.
The following are some primary indicators that a computer may be infected:
• The computer runs slower than usual.
• The computer stops responding, or it locks up frequently.
• The computer crashes, and then it restarts every few minutes.
• The computer restarts on its own. Additionally, the computer does not run as usual.
• Applications on the computer do not work correctly.
• Disks or disk drives are inaccessible.
• You cannot print items correctly.
• You see unusual error messages.
• You see distorted menus and dialog boxes.
• There is a double extension on an attachment that you recently opened, such as a .jpg, .vbs, .gif, or .exe. extension.
• An antivirus program is disabled for no reason. Additionally, the antivirus program cannot be restarted.
• An antivirus program cannot be installed on the computer, or the antivirus program will not run.
• New icons appear on the desktop that you did not put there, or the icons are not associated with any recently installed programs.
• Strange sounds or music plays from the speakers unexpectedly.
• A program disappears from the computer even though you did not intentionally remove the program.
These are just some of the symptoms for your better understanding.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 31st Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 14th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 26th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 4th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 19th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma