asked on 15th Aug 2011 | 2 Answers | Answer It!
Backdoor:Win32/IRCbot.gen!K is a generic detection for a family of IRC-controlled backdoor trojans. These may perform certain activities when commanded to do so by a remote attacker, such as downloading and executing arbitrary files and collecting system information.
Take the following steps to help prevent infection on your system:
• Enable a firewall on your computer.
• Get the latest computer updates for all your installed software.
• Use up-to-date antivirus software.
• Use caution when opening attachments and accepting file transfers.
• Use caution when clicking on links to Web pages.
• Avoid downloading pirated software.
• Protect yourself against social engineering attacks.
• Use strong passwords.
Manual removal is not recommended for this threat. Use Microsoft Security Essentials or another up-to-date scanning and removal tool to detect and remove this threat and other unwanted software from your computer. For more information on Microsoft security products, see http://www.microsoft.com/protect/products/computer/default.mspx.
Here’s to Good Karma
You need to find and delete the malicious program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries in order to delete the backdoor/win32/ircbot.gen!k completely. If you do not have experience to deal with .dll files, entries, processes, why not contact Tee Support agents for assistance?
They will help you out quickly, good luck!
asked on 17th Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 23rd Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 7th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 26th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 16th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma