Follow this procedure first disable and then enable the thumbnail icon feature for image files.
• Open Control Panel.
• Open Folder Options.
• Select View.
• Uncheck the box for Always show icons, never thumbnails to enable thumbnail icons. Check the box to disable thumbnail icons.
Alternatively in new Windows,
1) Click the Organize button on any folder, and choose Folder and Search Options from the menu.
2) Click the View tab, and then uncheck the “Always show icons, never thumbnails checkbox”.
To view thumbnails of your pictures
1. Open the Pictures library by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Pictures.
2. In the left pane, click the folder that contains the pictures you want to view.
3. Click the arrow next to the Views button, and then move the slider to change the size of the thumbnails.
Also try these:
(a) Go to...Start / Run and type: "REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL" and hit enter, you should get a succeeded message.
(b) Run a antivirus span in your system
Here's to Good Karma