Change Windows 7 display language
You can change the language by installing the ‘Multilingual User Interface (Language Pack)’ for English. You would need Windows 7 Ultimate to be able to install it.
If you have a different version of Windows 7, you will need to do one of the following:
• Purchase Windows 7 Ultimate.
• Purchase Windows 7 in English.
• Purchase ‘Windows Anytime Upgrade’ by typing “Anytime Upgrade” in the start-search field and clicking the ‘Windows Anytime Upgrade’ icon (the cheapest and the most convenient option).
Note: ‘Windows Anytime Upgrade’ is only available for online purchase in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
You can follow these steps to install the Language Pack for English in Windows 7 Ultimate:
1. Go to “Start> All Programs> Windows Update> Optional Updates”.
2. Go to the ‘Windows 7 Language Packs’ section.
3. Select the checkbox for ‘English’ and click OK.
4. Click ‘Install Updates’.
5. Restart the system once the update is installed.
Once the system restarts, you would need to change the display language:
1. Go to “Start> Control Panel> Clock, Language, and Region> Change display language”.
2. Select ‘English’ in the ‘Choose a display language’ dropdown menu.
3. Click OK.
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile you are currently logged on to).
Hope it helped.
Here’s to Good Karma