On updating Windows 7, there is an error coming, which states that the operating system is not genuine. What should I do now?
Category : Operating System
asked on 29th Sep, 2011 | 1 Answers |
Log in to answer
answered on 4th Oct 2011 |
It is important to know if the copy of the Windows installed in your system is genuine, if it is pirated, you will have to uninstall it and install a genuine copy. If it is a genuine copy, please try the steps mentioned in the link http://www.askiyogi.com/windows/6798.html given below
1) Open an Internet Browser
2) Type: %windir%\system32 into the browser address bar.
3) Find the file CMD.exe
4) Right-Click on CMD.exe and select 'Run as Administrator'
5) Type: net stop sppsvc (It may ask you if you are sure, select yes)
Note: the Software Protection service may not be running, this is ok.
6) Type: cd %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
7) Type: rename tokens.dat tokens.bar
8) Type: cd %windir%\system32
9) Type: net start sppsvc
10) Type: slui.exe
11) After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear. You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key or Activation may occur automatically.
Here’s to Good Karma
Log in to reply