I’ve been trying to install SP1 on my windows 7 machine. It just won’t install. No error codes. Just says installation failed.
Category : Operating System
asked on 9th Aug, 2011 | 1 Answer |
Log in to answer
answered on 9th Aug 2011 |
Before you install Windows 7 SP1, make sure that you have downloaded all the latest updates for the computer.
a) After you have done that, download the offline setup file for sp1 for Windows 7 from this link and save it at c:\Sp1
b) Now restart the computer in safe mode. To do so:
• Restart the computer and keep hitting the F8 key on the OEM logo.
• It will take you the “Windows Advanced options menu”.
• Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight “Safe Mode” and hit enter on it.
• Press enter if you are prompted to select the Operating System
• Login using your username and password
c) Now run the setup of SP1 by double clicking on the sp1 file saved at C:\SP1
d) Follow the onscreen instructions to install the files
If the issue is still not resolved, please re-post
Here’s to Good Karma
Log in to reply