To work around this problem, uninstall any unnecessary Office suites. To do this, following these steps. How to remove the Office suites:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
3. In the Currently installed programs list, locate and then click either the previously installed Office suites or the individual Office application.
Note Remove any trial versions of Office that were preinstalled by the computer manufacturer. For example, the computer manufacturer may have preinstalled 2007 Microsoft Office system or Office 2007 Home & Student Trial.
4. Click Remove.
5. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the Office suite or individual application.
Re-enter the product key
Retail versions of the Office 2010 suite are self-repairing. To repair the version of Office that is installed, start any Office application and follow the instructions to enter the product key. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Exit any programs that are running and close all open windows.
2. Start an Office application. For example, start Microsoft Office Word or Microsoft Office Excel.
3. Type the product key for the retail version of the Office 2010 suite when you are prompted.
Here’s to Good Karma