asked on 14th Jun 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
If you are getting error 80072eff while sign in to the messenger, it may be due to some settings or the firewall. I will give you some steps that you can try here in this situation.
1. If you haven't done so already, upgrade to the latest version of Live Messenger:
2. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock and verify that
the time and date are set.
3. If your password information is not saved, verify that you are typing it in with the
correct case (uppercase or lowercase).
4. Change your password to something smaller (under 10-12 characters), then try signing in again.
5. If you use a firewall (like ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security etc. ), it's possible
that Messenger doesn't have the correct rights to access the Internet, especially since you
upgraded. You may need to re/add Messenger to the allowed list of programs in your firewall
if this is the case.
6. If you disabled your firewall in the past, it still may be blocking Messenger -- try
restarting it and see if that helps the situation. You also might try uninstalling an
installed firewall, to verify that it isn't causing a problem (even if it is disabled).
7. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the
Delete Cookies button.
8. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then
Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check
for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL
3.0' is checked, then click OK.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 13th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 13th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 16th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma