asked on 12th Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
In this case , I believe you are using Internet explorer.
We will follow these steps to resolve the Problem
• Check the internet connection is working fine or not. Are you able to browse websites properly or not.
• Reset Internet explorer
o Open Internet Explorer
o Click on Tools
o Click on Internet Options
o Click on the Advanced Tab
o Click on Reset at the bottom right
o When prompted for confirmation, click reset again
o Close the Browser
o Reopen it again
o Try to download the file now.
Also clean the temp cache.
• Start >> Run >> type Temp and click on OK. Delete all the files
• Start >> Run >> %temp% and click on OK. Delete all the files
• Start >> Run >> Prefetch and click on OK. Delete all the files
• Do disk cleanup
• Check the space on the harddrive
• Increase the virtual Memory.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 1st Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 1st Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma