asked on 5th Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
If your computer is set to apply DEP to all programs and services, the DEP error message will have a Change Settings button. If an update to the program is not available, follow these steps to add an exception for the program from the DEP error message:
1. When you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, click Change Settings.
2. Click to select the check box next to the program, and then click Apply.
3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK two times, and then restart your system.
You can also add an exception for the program by using System Properties in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
2. Click the Advanced tab, click Performance, and then click Settings.
3. In Performance Options, click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Add.
4. In the Open dialog box, locate and then click the program.
5. Click Open, click Apply, and then click OK. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK.
Here’s to Good Karma
Here's to Good Karma