asked on 23rd Jul 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
If your computer reboots when you insert the cd in the CD drive, then please try these steps:
a) Restart the computer in safe mode. To do so, follow these steps:
o Restart the computer and keep hitting the F8 key on the OEM logo.
• It will take you the “Windows Advanced options menu”.
• Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to highlight “Safe Mode” and hit enter on it.
• Press enter if you are prompted to select the Operating System
• Login using your username and password
• Try to check if you are facing the same issue here.
If you do not face the same issue and the computer works fine in the safe mode, then try these steps:
• Click on start >> click on run >> type msconfig and click on OK.
• On the System Configuration window, click on the startup tab, click on disable all.
• Again, click on the services tab, check the box that says “Hide All Microsoft Services” and then click on disable all.
• Apply the changes and restart the computer back to the normal mode to check if that has fixed the issue.
• If it has, then we will go to start >> click on run >> type msconfig and click on OK
• On the system configuration window, go to the services tab and click on enable all
• Restart and check if the system is working normally. If it is, then it is an issue with the startup items. If the system is not working fine, then it is an issue with one of the third party services
• So, we would have to follow the divide and conquer method to identify which startup item or service is causing the issue
b) If the issue persists in the safe mode, then try to start the computer in the BIOS. To do so, turn the computer on and press the F2 key or the Delete key to enter the system BIOS. Check if you are facing the same issue here
c) If you are facing the same issue in the system BIOS as well, then try to reset the BIOS to the defaults. Please do this at your own risk as changes made in the BIOS may lead to system corruption.
d) You can also try to update the BIOS firmware
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 4th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 5th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 28th Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma