asked on 28th Jun 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
Are you getting any error while trying to add a Network printer to Windows 7?
If yes please get back to us with the error message.
However we can try these steps
• First of all check the computer name on the XP computers (Host computers) and the Printer name as well.
• Now come to the windows 7 computer and click Start , go to Control Panel- > Printers- > Add printer- > Add a local printer- > Click on ‘Create a new port’- > ‘Local Port’ > ‘Next’.
• Put the port name as \\Computer name\printer name, click on ok.
• Now we will get the add new hardware wizard so follow the wizard and install the Network printer.
• Else you can also run the Add new Printer wizard and connect the Printer through the IP address.
• Windows will ask you for the type of Network card in the Printer.
• Once it is installed and recognized it will ask you for the Printer name.
• Put the Printer name and finish the wizard
• Go to the Printer properties and click the ports TAB
• Click the port which was created by the Printer Ip address
• Click on configure port
• Be sure Printer should be marked as raw.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 15th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 1st Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 5th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 27th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma