asked on 22nd Jun 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
To begin with, you will need to enable the LPD print service on the Windows 7 machine and then add the printer to the Mac. Follow these steps:
On the Windows 7 computer:
- Type ‘programs and features’ in the start search field and press enter.
- In the left pane, click ‘Turn Windows Features on or off’
- Under ‘Print and Document Services’, enable ‘LPD Print Service’.
- Make sure the printer is shared.
On the Mac:
- Open ‘System Preferences‘- ‘Print and Fax’
- Click ‘+’ to add a printer.
- Right hand button tool bar to customize and add "Advanced" button.
- Select ‘Advanced’.
- In the ‘Type’ field, select ‘LPD/LPR Host or Printer’
- In the ‘URL’ field enter lpd://IP address/PrinterShareName (for eg. lpd://10.10.9.2/esp3200)
Note: The ip address of your Windows 7 pc can be determined by typing ‘ipconfig’ in the command prompt. (Typing 'cmd' in the start search opens the command prompt.)
- Click the ‘Add’ button
Hope it helped. Let us know in either case.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 14th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 27th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma