asked on 23rd Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
The error code refers to a faulty or failed hard drive. You may try the following steps and check whether you can resolve the issue. Run Check disk to repair problems related to bad sectors, lost clusters, cross-linked files, and directory errors:
1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue.
3. At a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER
chkdsk /f /r X:( drive letter)
4. Press Y when you are prompted to check the disk the next time that the system restarts.
5. Close all applications, and then restart the computer.
If check disk also fails then you may need to get in touch with Dell for more assistance. Take a backup of the drive as soon as possible.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 22nd Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 5th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 27th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 14th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma