asked on 11th Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
You have not mentioned what kind of printer you have or the model number. I presume you are talking about sharing a local printer over the network. Here are the steps:
1. Enable Printer Sharing
• Click "Start" and select "Control Panel."
• Type "Network" into the search bar at the upper-right corner of the window and press "Enter."
• Click "Network and Sharing Center" from the results list.
• Click "Change Advanced Sharing Settings" in the left pane of the window. Click the arrow to the right of "Home or Work (Current Profile)" to display the profile's options.
• Click the check box next to "Turn on File and Printer Sharing" in the File and Printer Sharing section. Click "Save Changes."
2. Share the Local Printer
• Click "Start" and then choose "Devices and Printers."
• Right-click on the local printer that you want to share.
• Select "Printer Properties" from the pop-up menu. The Printer Properties window opens.
• Click the "Sharing" tab and then click the check box next to "Share this Printer." Click "Apply" and then "OK."
Connecting to a networked printer in Mac System:
If your Mac is part of a network, you can print to any shared printer on your network. Note: This type of printer doesn't need to be directly connected to your Mac to use; instead, you'll access it over Ethernet or wirelessly. To add a networked printer to your computer's printer list, do the following:
-In the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu, then double-click Printer Setup Utility to open it.
-Click the Add button in the Printer List window.
-Select the name of the shared printer in the Printer Browser list and click Add.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 22nd Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 1st Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma