asked on 5th Jul 2011 | 2 Answers | Answer It!
You want to Import or export and save it? If you want to import, it will be done by a program and hence it will save it. For eg. If you import emails in Outlook, you will be able to access all those emails in Outlook. Another way to make a backup file involves exporting (copying) the contents of the message folder to a Personal Folders file (.pst) using the Import and Export Wizard. This creates the backup .pst file. You can then copy the .pst file onto a CD or DVD for safekeeping or to move the data to another computer with Outlook installed. Follow the steps here:
1. On the File menu, click Import and Export.
2. Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
3. In the list, click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.
4. Click the folder that contains the messages you want to back up. If the folder contains a subfolder that you want to include, select the Include Subfolders check box, and then click Next.
5. Under Save exported file as, click Browse, and then specify a name and location for your backup file, for example, Mail Backup.
6. If you back up a .pst file that you have backed up to before, click one of the following:
• Replace duplicates with items exported Existing data will be overwritten with the information in the file being exported.
• Allow duplicate items to be created Existing data will not be overwritten, and duplicate information will be added to the backup file.
• Do not export duplicate items Existing data will be kept, and the duplicate information in the folder will not be copied to the backup file.
7. Click Finish.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 21st Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 23rd Sep 2011 | 2 Answers
asked on 9th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 26th Jul 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma