asked on 28th Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
Which version of the communicator you are running? I assume it is 2007 version, first try this:
On the computer that is hosting the Communicator 2007 client. Log out of OC 2007 and completely close OC 2007 then locate C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Communicator\GalContacts.db - remove the GalContacts.db ad then restart OC 2007. Hopefully this will allow the client to recreate GalContacts.db and sync with the address book share. Alternatively you can also try these steps:
• Click the "Start" button. Select "Run."
• Type "Regedit.exe" (without the quotation marks) and then click "OK."
• Click on the "+" next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE."
• Click on the "+" next to "Software." Click on the "+" next to "Policies."
• Click on the "+" next to "Microsoft." Select "Communicator."
• Right-click on the registry name, which is "ABSInsideURL," and select "Delete."
• Close the Registry Editor window. Restart your computer and try the Office Communicator again. It should now synchronize with your address book.
For additional support regards Communicator, you can go through http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator-help/
Registry Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 30th Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 14th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma