asked on 10th Aug 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
You have not mentioned the versions of Thunderbird and Outlook you are using. Please follow these steps;
1. Open the Thunderbird mail client.
2. Click Address Book. In the left panel, Personal Address Book should be highlighted.
3. Click Tools.
4. Select Export.
5. Set Save as type as: Comma Separated (*.csv)
6. Give the file a name you can recognize, such as: username_tb_addressbook.cvs
7. Remember where you saved your file.
8. Close the Thunderbird address book.
9. Close Thunderbird.
Now Import it to Outlook:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click File.
3. Select Import and Export.
4. Choose Import from another program or file.
5. Choose Comma Separated Values (Windows)
6. Click browse.
7. Navigate to Thundrebird file you exported above (username_tb_addressbook
if above example used).
8. Choose to replace/ignore/duplicate matching records.
9. Choose Personal Folders > Contacts as the destination folder.
10. Check Import username_tb_addressbook.cvs and click Map Custom Fields.
11. The first record from thunderbird will be in the left hand pane. In the right hand pane will be a list of entry fields. Please drag each entry from the left hand pane, to the appropriate field on the right hand pane. Ex. Robert in the left hand pane would go to Name > First Name in the left hand pane. Do this for every entry in the left hand pane.
12. Click Finish
13. View the contacts in Outlook, it should now reflect the Thunderbird address book list.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 29th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma