asked on 9th Aug 2011 | 2 Answers | Answer It!
If you want to configure Gmail in Thunderbird we need to follow these steps.
• At first we have to enable POP in gmail account
o Login to Gmail account.
o Click on Settings on right top corner
o Click on “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab
o Enable IMAP and save changes
For further setting please check the link given below.
Here’s to Good Karma
1. Enable IMAP in Gmail. Make sure you click Save Changes when you’re done.
2. Open Thunderbird, and select Tools > Account Settings.
3. Click Add Account.
4. Select the Email account radio button and click Next. The Identity screen appears.
5. Enter your full name in the Your Name field. Enter your Gmail address (email@example.com) in the Email Address field, and click Next. Google Apps users, enter your full address in the format username@your_domain.com
6. Select IMAP as the type of incoming server you are using. Enter imap.gmail.com in the Incoming Server field.
7. Set the Outgoing Server to smtp.gmail.com and click Next.
8. Enter your full email address (including @gmail.com @your_domain.com) in the Incoming User Name and Outgoing User Name fields, and click Next.
9. Enter a name for your email account in the Account Name field, and click Next.
10. Verify your account information in the dialog box, and click Finish.
11. Select Server Settings from the folder list below your new account.
12. Update the Port value to 993.
13. In the Security Settings section, select SSL from the Use secure connection options.
14. Select the ‘Check for messages at startup’ checkbox and the ‘Check for new messages every 10 minutes’ checkbox.
15. Click Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the folder list.
16. Select the smtp.gmail.com (Default) entry from the list and click Edit. The SMTP3 Server page appears.
17. Enter smtp.gmail.com as the Server Name and set the Port to 587*.
*Alternatively, you can set the Port number to 465, as long as you choose SSL4 as your secure connection.
18. Select User name and password and enter your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com) in the User Name field.
19. Select TLS from the Use secure connection radio buttons and click OK.
20. Click OK to save your changes and exit the Account Settings dialog.
asked on 16th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 13th Sep 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 1st Jun 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma