I recently wiped everything because my computer wasn't detecting windows, I lost my old windows CD and CD Key, so I had to use my husbands Windows XP vista
brand:ASUS,category:PC Desktop,operating system:Windows Vista
asked on 2nd Jan 2012 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
Error code 12 for devices indicates inadequacy of resources. If you get this error for the graphics card, it usually indicates that the BIOS did not allocate enough memory to it. Update the driver for the graphics card and the BIOS by downloading the latest ones from the ASUS website.
If the problem persists, you will need to manually increase the RAM (memory) allocated to the graphics card from the BIOS:
1. Look for the ‘Setup’ option while the computer starts up and select that immediately. For instance, if the startup screen reads “F2: SETUP; F12: BOOT MENU” press ‘F2’ immediately. If you miss it, restart and try again (The key for most ASUS computers is either the ‘Delete’ key or the ‘Insert’ key, so you will need to restart and tap the key while the system is starting up)
2. Once you are at a blue screen (the BIOS setup screen), you will need to follow the instructions given on the bottom to navigate through the options.
3. You will need to look for options similar to “Advanced> Advanced Chipset Settings> VGA Share Memory Size” (they are slightly different for different manufacturers). Highlight it and press Enter.
4. Increase the allocated memory accordingly and press Enter (you might need to install more RAM on the system if required).
5. Press F10 to save the settings and ‘Esc’ to exit the BIOS.
Hope it helps. Let us know in either case.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 2nd Dec 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 17th Nov 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 31st Oct 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 27th Oct 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma