asked on 29th Jul 2011 | 1 Answers | Answer It!
It is very easy, you can do it without any complicated steps but you have not mentioned which OS both laptop has. I will guide you through as if both Laptops have Windows XP, this type of direct connection is called Adhoc connection, for other OS, steps will be almost similar. What you want to setup is an "ad-hoc" connection, provided both laptop wireless cards support the feature. Going off memory....disable any third party wireless setup utilities and just use the built-in Windows XP wireless configuration software (I am using SP2 in this guide by the way).
• Head into the properties of the wireless network connection.
• Click the Wireless Networks tab and then Add...
• Specify an SSID (this identifies your network).
• Choose some encryption if you want (you will need to pick out a "key" as a password into the network).
• Tick the "This is a computer-to-computer (ad-hoc) network" checkbox.
• Click OK.
Here’s to Good Karma
asked on 15th Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
asked on 23rd Aug 2011 | 1 Answer
Here's to Good Karma